URGENT - child born in Dublin in 2006 - can I get birth cert in Galway/Mayo/Roscommo?

dubinamerica

totally messed up!! Just booked a last minute holiday and need to get passport for our child (born in Dublin in 2005). Cannot for life of me find birth cert (or any of the families + marriage cert etc - all safely tucked away together). I need to get birth cert so that local gardai first will sign off on passport form and then for trip to Dublin for passport office. Can I get this some place in Galway/Mayo area? or possibly Roscommon? I need to get passport by end of next week.. ANY help would be appreciated. Need to try and pick up birth cert tomorrow if possible.

Thanks Clubman. It mentions a 3 to 4 week wait time but I think that relates to sending in for a cert. There's Civil Registration Offices in Mayo and Galway - any idea if I can just obtain a birth cert by going in there?

Why not ring them in the morning and find out. If they don't why not get one in births, deaths and marriages place on Pearse St and have passport signed in Pearse St garda station. I would arrange this before hand by phone with Gardai there. If you know someone in your local station they may arrange it for you - ie for someone to sign off on the passport form in Pearse st.

Re: URGENT - child born in Dublin in 2006 - can I get birth cert in Galway/Mayo/Rosco

Just to point out that the head office for all births, deaths and marriages is in Roscommon.

Dublinamerica,
I was in a similar situation two years ago, the birth register is now uploaded on a central computer, I just needed to go into my local gov office dealing with births, deaths etc etc and they printed off a copy for me, cost 7 euro I think at the time, Certainly easier than a long journey back "home" to get a copy.

Don't worry about it, enjoy the holidays

Hope this helps,