uPVC - internal beading

900TS

We are getting replacement uPVC windows from Wright Windows - but they do not appear to be internally beaded - has anyone who got uPVC windows from them checked whether they are internally beaded? I was expecting that they would be as it was one of the checks I asked when getting quotes.

900TS
we are enterting the market for replacement windows and havnt much knowledge regarding beading-can you explain what this means please.

Thanks

900TS
we are enterting the market for replacement windows and havnt much knowledge regarding beading-can you explain what this means please.

Thanks

Hi,

AFAIK the internal beading was introduced some years ago to stop burglars from removing the window and therefore gaining access to the house. They were previously able to remove the external beading and this in turn released the glass. A laywoman's simple (maybe dim) explanation/understanding.

Yes, it's as sueellen explained basically - turns out the ones we got installed are externally beaded - but not a security risk as even with the beading removed the galss is still locked in place and cannot be lifted out. A decision wright windows took some years back apparently - external looks better, but unless the glass is secured some other way it would be a security risk - but they've found a way round this apparently - Phew!

Where glazing is beaded externally the glazing units are usually "bonded" at the corners AFAIK and removal of the unit without breaking glass is difficult. The company I work for do a lot of business with Wrights and we find them very good on quality.