upright radiators - for kitchen - any stockists?

Ecca

I have just looked up the golden pages online - looking for companies that do radiators. I want to put some vertical radiators in a few places in the house where we are tight on wall space. does anyone know any companies in the Dublin / Meath / Kildare / Wicklow area? Also does anyone have these in their houses already and what are your thoughts on them.

The first five companies listed on this might be a starting point? I'm afraid I've no direct experience of the things myself...

[broken link removed] in Finglas have a huge range, including some very stylish styles - Note that in general, the vertical rads don't have the same thermal output as the traditional style. They aren't cheap either.

Thanks for this, I will go to Finglas. I know the output might be compromised but I have no space with the kitchen layout, I also have undertile heating so I am not overly concerned. thanks again for such fast answers !!

Hi Ecca,

I'd be interested in hearing what prices you come across on this search cos I'll be buying a vertical rad or two in a few months. B&Q have some at decent prices, not sure on quality though.

Splash Bathroom Products, Baldoyle Industrial Estate, Dublin 13, tel. 1890 775274, have a good range and they're available through Absolute Bathrooms in Kilmacanogue, Co Wicklow.

We were also looking at one of these for a new bathroom we're putting in and decided to go for underfloor heating as the radiator would have meant tearing up the concrete floors to lay pipes for the radiator. Costs about the same and saves space as well - underfloor heating systems also available from Absolute Bathrooms.

Just wondering if anyone has any updates on experiences purchasing vertical/designer radiators?

I'm at the stage with my extension where I need to order two rads and due to their prominent locations and pressure on wall space we want to get nice looking vertical rads, hopefully something we can make a feature out of.

I've calculated we need roughly 9,000 BTUs between the two rads, and I think a 6,000, 3,000 split would be suitable. I've done some searching on the web and so far this one is our favourite, but it's pretty pricey.

B&Q do a decent looking one for about €500 and it outputs around 2,700 BTU so that plus a 6,000 output would do us grand, though the budget is €1500 for the pair.

I'll go to the places in finglas and baldoyle, and maybe navan, mentioned here, but am wondering if anyone has any rough prices of what they paid for a decent looking 3k or 6k BTU designer rad, and if anyone had any success buying online.

Thanks.

Oh Pinchy,

I bought a vertical rad from Heating Distributors last year. I don't see it on their website. Needed for a bathroom - to fit a certain space and have a good output. It's white slimline (aluminium I think) Heats OK, but it rattled like mad because it's not the usual metal that's in radiators / or some metal attachments were made of a different material - getting HD out to check it - took a lot of phone calls and a lot of work though.....

Any update on your upright radiators? Did you find what you wanted? Would be interested in knowing as I'm looking for some myself for kitchen and bathroom. Thanks.

theres a company up the road from where i work called renew it. they sell designer alum radiators which might solve your high output problem. don't have any contact details but i'm sure you'd find them with a google search.