upplying a company in examinership, normal/prudent payment terms for such new busines

Paddyo

Hi All

Can anyone advise on the normal/prudent payment terms during the time a company is in examinership - i.e for new business.

Have a potential client who is in examinership and is looking for us to provide services.

Many thanks
Paddyo

Re: Query re supplying a company in examinership

Difficult times for all. I would say that most suppliers would look for cash with order (depending on the goods) or at the very least cash on delivery.
A bit trickier in the delivery of services, obviously, depending on the service. I would advise you agree a schedule of payments over time based on the delivery of the service. If there are set up costs, then agree a preliminary payment to contribute to these too.

Whatever terms are agreed get them in writing!

I was supplying a company in examinership and the company who was handling the examinership wrote to me and asked me if i was prepared to supply the company on a COD basis ,while they were in examinership , which i agreed to do and i was getting paid for my goods during and after they emerged from examinership for a few months ,they started to drag their heels again as regards payment and i had eventually had to pass it over to a debt collector and settle for € 50 pw and then they welshed on this and the company went into voluntary liquidation ,but are still continuing to trade and i dont have a hope of getting anymore money from them,so just be carefull what you do in this situation.

Re: upplying a company in examinership, normal/prudent payment terms for such new bus

Examinership - be very careful with companies in examinership. If your a very important supplier to them you may be OK but everyone else is treated like Dirt i.e. you may or may not get paid. The fact is that you are treated differently to the more important suppliers who will be paid before you. Its totally wrong, but its a fact.