Uploading Large Sized Files - Saving Time At The Printers

BobbyFowler

I get some printing done locally. Normally I stick the file on a Memory Key, make my way out, wait for the file to be printed out & make my way home. The file size is normally 50-100MB. Can I put it on a site that they can take it from on their side? I tried using dropload.com in the past but it didn't seem to work. Anything else worth giving a go?

You can upload files to size of 100 mb for free at rapidshare and subsequently download them. The download speeds are quite fast.

[broken link removed]

But my preferred option would be to create a gmail email account and upload it there and give the name and password to the printer.

Grand stuff - actually I created a separate gmail account for creating web pages. Thought there'd be a limit on the size of the emails though? If not, that solves that problem. Thanks.

yes there is a limit of the size of emails. you can split the files of any size into an executable split archive using winrar or winzip or similar programs and attach them.

But rapidshare will take care of it no problem .

Bare in mind that your upload speed will be less that download, also ensure in advance that the printer is happy with this arrangement.