Upgrading to brand new mobile home: What are the manufacturers and who to buy from.

Binomial

Our site has asked us to upgrading our mobile home and we are facing a numbere of questions.

The "van" has to accomodate up to 3 adults and 6 kids.

Who are the manufacturers? and who are their local agents here in Ireland.

What do we need to look out for in terms of size, specification, finish etc?

We are thinking of buying new but what are the advantages/disadvantages of buying second hand?

Are there any sites (web sites ;) )/forums dedicated to mobile home owners/buyers?

How much are new "vans" now.

Thanks,
BiN

Re: Upgrading to brand new mobile home: What are the manufacturers and who to buy fro

Hi,
Is your site/park owner not issuing you with a recommended list of suppliers? Some parks use this tactic because they score €5,000+ shakedown/commission on the deal.
So when viewing vans at supplier, the first question to you is what site are you on. ie how much do I load the price to cover the site owner's grab.
Parks get away with this because very few caravaners have security of tenure i.e a lease, and can be turfed out on any or no whim.
Gave up mobiling/caravanning a few years ago because I refused to play the 'game'. After 18 years I'd had enough anyway with the rent over €2,500 a season for a few weekends between Easter and September and the lovely Irish weather.
Good luck, K

Back