Laya upgrade on health insurance policy

MIDGET

hi, we have flex 250 explore and up for renewal on feb 1st. we are age mid 60's and 80's living in Mayo. we are considering upgrading ... am looking at simplicity and Laya site recommends control 150 connect. I understand simply connect is better value than what we are on but no private room in private hospital. do not want to spend any more than necessary.
any recommendations and any suggestions of a plan that might be be more suitable will be much appreciated.

Hi MIDGET,

Welcome to AAM.
I would be inclined to choose Simplicity as a first choice ahead of Control 150 Connect.
There is a capped excess for all admissions to private or hi-tech hospitals 100 x 2 per year.
There is also good day to day cover included.
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

h
Hi Snowyb,
than you for your advice , its very much appreciated.
best regards, MIDGET

Hi snowyb
we are a couple in our60s and 80s and live in thewest and have laya simply connect. Would you be able to recommend any better policy for aprox the same price or less expensive policy with the same benefits.
regards
Midget

Hi MIDGET,

There is no plan with the same cover at a cheaper price.
The nearest equivalent plan is Laya Inspire plan @ price 1140pa.
There are 2 main differences between the 2 plans.

1. Firstly there is just 80% cover for hip or knee replacement surgery
in private hospitals. The 20% shortfall would cost 2,000 or 3,000 per surgery.
The way to avoid this charge is to have this type of surgery in the Blackrock Clinic Dublin, as this hospital does not pass the shortfall charge
onto the patient. Any other private hospitals around the country will charge the shortfall to the patient.

2. There is a capped admission excess on Simply Connect of 150 x 2 max for the year.
Inspire plan has an admission excess of 150 for every admission to a private hospital.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

Regards. Snowyb

Hi MIDGET,

There is no plan with the same cover at a cheaper price.
The nearest equivalent plan is Laya Inspire plan @ price 1140pa.
There are 2 main differences between the 2 plans.

1. Firstly there is just 80% cover for hip or knee replacement surgery
in private hospitals. The 20% shortfall would cost 2,000 or 3,000 per surgery.
The way to avoid this charge is to have this type of surgery in the Blackrock Clinic Dublin, as this hospital does not pass the shortfall charge
onto the patient. Any other private hospitals around the country will charge the shortfall to the patient.

2. There is a capped admission excess on Simply Connect of 150 x 2 max for the year.
Inspire plan has an admission excess of 150 for every admission to a private hospital.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/#/plan-comparison?plansAndProfiles=W3siaWQiOjEsImFnZSI6MjYsIm1pbk1heFByaWNlIjpbMCw2NTAwXSwibWluTWF4RXhjZXNzIjpbMCw2MDBdLCJwbGFuVHlwZSI6MSwicGxhbnNTZWxlY3RlZCI6WzE1NDQsMTUyMl0sInBsYW5zIjp7ImRhdGEiOltdLCJsb2FkaW5nIjp0cnVlfSwicGxhbnNTZWxlY3RlZERhdGEiOltdLCJhcHBsaWNhdGlvbiI6eyJ0b2dnbGVfc2Nyb2xsTG9jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

Regards. Snowyb

HI Snowyb,
Thank you for your reply and advice. I might stay where i am unless there is a policy you could recommend for one or both the would have more cover and would be more suitable for age group, price not a problem if its suitable.
regards
MIDGET

MIDGET,

I would be inclined to stay on Simply Connect plan as it ticks all the boxes.
If it helps, I am on that plan myself and see no need to switch.

Regards, Snowyb

Back