upgarded to vodafone wifi with old PC

Tomjim

I have updated today to vodafone mobile wifi. I previously had a vodafone mobile stick which I inserted into the PC (think this is called USB)

The PC was purchased in circa 2006 and I suspect that it is too old to use the mobile part of the wifi, therefore I think I will have to keep the wifi plugged into my PC. Is there anything I can do with the PC to allow it to use the mobile part of the wifi or will I have to leave it plugged in to access the internet.

My son is getting a etablet from Santa, will he have to do anything to pick up the wifi or will he be able to pick it up from the PC where the wifi will be plugged in

Hi Tomjim. Sounds like you need to get a tech saavy friend or neighbour to give you a hand. Based on th limited information you have provided;
1. You may or may not have a WIFI connection in your PC. If you have it's a matter of setting up wireless access on to the Mifi from Vodafone. If you don't have wifi in the PC you can update it with a USB Wifi stick.
2. The tablet will need to be setup to access the Mifi connection also.

Danger of trying to do this blind or without an idea of what you are doing (no offence) you could end up leaving your data connection exposed to hackers.

Back