Update on slow PC

dodo

I have posted here on same subject, now I have done all that was said to do here,ran all the different avg,Microsoft anti spyware Glary,and others mentioned,
Now after running these there was a few issues which I repaired and since I ran these all is clear which is good news, but the PC is still slow when opening word,internet connection ,takes minutes sometime,
Thinking of trying Tech Fixer's as advertised on the radio, what do you think.
Loads of space left in c drive

If you have a replacement Windows/Vista disk, I would wipe the HDD completely and reload the operating system, preferable Windows 7 or XP as they are not as sore on processor power and system resources.

Was it always slow? Perhaps your system is out of date or not powerful enough? For example if its a laptop then Vista is notoriously slow on them unless they have loads of RAM and a very fast processor.

I I would recommend ubuntu.

Why? Surely the unfamiliarity with the Operating System along with severely restricted program compatibility would be of little benefit and in fact be a significant, confusing hinderance to the OP who, without being disrepectful to them, is having difficulty with Windows as it is...

I suspect they would have less difficulty with ubuntu, no AV or malware software to worry about. And you can easily [broken link removed] if you need familiar surroundings. But maybe you're right.

I've never installed linux and used it with out having to hit the command line to do something at some point. At which point your average users and even a lot of techies come unstuck. That said I haven't installed or used it in a couple of years because AV or malware isn't a significant issue for me, and I need Windows for the Applications I run anyway.