UPC downgrade charge

lyonsa3

I downgraded my upc package yesterday and was shocked to hear there was a charge for doing this. I asked if there was a charge for upgrade and was told there was not. I told them I was disgusted with this. surely a lot of people are doing this these days with the way the country is going.
Anyway, the following day a rang up again to cancel altogether. they asked why and I told they what I thought of them. Straight away he was all sorry about what had happened. He told me he would cancel this downgrade charge and give me my package half price from now on.

This is just a message to let people know what is available out there. I believe UPC are doing there best to keep customers away from other providers.
So ring up, say your leaving and ask if they are doing any offers.
Worst case is they say they can't reduce there price.

I have upc digital and was using SKY Sports over the Summer. When I phoned to cancel, they told me about the cancellation charge and insisted that I had been advised of it when I asked for SKY Sports to be added. I was pretty sure that I had not been advised, but wasn't absolutely sure so let it go.

A few weeks later, I phoned to get SKY Sports again and, this time, made sure to listen to what the agent was telling me. At the end of her spiel, I asked her if that was it, were there any other costs and she said no.

I'll be getting SKY Sports turned off again soon, and am looking forward to the row when they try to levy me again.

Back