unwanted text messages

macnas

How do I stop unwanted text messages. I get sms messages from a building society telling me the result of rugby matches...(Lions Ireland). I pay for these ? I dont want any more. How do I stop them PERMANENTLY and for LIFE! They can make money elsewhere rather than picking my pocket.

To unsubscribe from this Rugby SMS service at any time; text the word STOP to 51123

...Or you can usually just ring O2 or Vodafone and get them to turn them off, if they are "official" O2 or Vodafone services.

macnas said:
I pay for these ? .... They can make money elsewhere rather than picking my pocket.
My understanding, and somebody PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, was that these were free texts and didn't cost you or more importantly ME anything. While I welcome the information they provide I wouldn't want to be paying for it. And also while they are relatively "humane" in the timing of the messages, it really does my head in when I'm in the U.S. asleep when they come through!

Hi i had a similiar problem last year with football results, like me been a girl i have no interest in them i ended up speaking to phone providers superviser, who tryed to tell me it had nothing to do with them yet they advertised this service on their web-site. So i threathened them to end this service and credit all money they charged me back to my account within 10 working days or i would go to the papers and change to a different operator. It worked in a few day i was getting phone calls from the superviser and they credited the money and gave me free package for the next month

Back