Unveiling of the Stig

from wikipedia

In the first episode of the 13th series of Top Gear, broadcast on 21 June 2009, it was 'revealed' that the Stig is Michael Schumacher.[57] He appeared in the studio after the Stig piloted Schumacher's own all-black Ferrari FXX[58] around the Top Gear Test Track, achieving their fastest lap time for a production car of 1:10.7. However, at the end of the show Schumacher was shown to commit many elementary driving errors in a lap of the test track, causing Jeremy Clarkson to remark "I'm not sure if Michael Schumacher is the Stig". This, along with Schumacher being credited as a guest star, separately from the Stig's presenter credit, both hint towards it being an elaborate joke. Furthermore, in the behind the scenes footage, Clarkson comments on Schumacher's appearence that, "He had no idea what any of that all was."[59]. However, the BBC have confirmed that he was, in fact, the driver for that segment.[60]

I don't believe its him as that was his own FXX. Also a few seasons ago Ferrari would not give them an Enzo to test.......and suddenly they give them an FXX ??????

So really they are saying you can't have an Enzo even when Schu is the stig.....not likely.

Its a pi$$ take as he was in the country anyway for silverstone.

Oh and the fxx is not really a production car as Ferrari keep it and it can only be used on arranged track days.....you have to have been invited to buy an Enzo ( F50 ) and and FX ( the one with the white stripe ) so its not like you can walk into a dealership and buy one even if you wanted to......

I know i'm a sado !

I think it was an elaborate joke.
I'm not convinced that Micheal Schumacher would be able to got to the Top Gear track in Engand and film his slots, on a regular basis over the last few years without it leaking out.

I was sceptical when he was unveiled first and then convinced it was a joke when he did the bit in the reasonably priced car and made a mess of it, obviously in purpose.

Back