Unusually Small Shower

Ash

We have a very small second bathroom which could do with freshening up. By small I mean 200cm x 150cm. Currently there's a bath with overhead shower attached to the wall and a wash-hand basin in there.
We'd like to take out the bath and put in a shower stall. However, the position of the existing door to the room and the window means that available space is very tight.
We went looking for a shower: tray 600mm x 1100mm and side and door with a rounded corner to enter/exit. We were told the smallest unit we could get would be 700mm x 1200mm with a squared edge.
This pushes the available space to the absolute limit. The room door would be in danger of smashing the shower stall side and the squared entrance/exit edge would probably "dwarf or crowd" the already limited space.
Is it possible to get shower trays/doors in 600mm?
Has anyone successfully managed such a small space? Can anyone offer any solutions to this tricky situation? it wouldn't be ideal but what's the drawback to just having a shower tray with curtain?
Ultimately I suppose we could just replace the bath and sink.
Any opinions would be great.

We were told the smallest unit we could get would be 700mm x 1200mm with a squared edge.
Not really true...I guess the saleman was saying that the smallest he can get is 700 * 1200mm

You can get 700*700mm squared edge or 800*800mm rounded.

Is it possible to get shower trays/doors in 600mm?
The smallest i came accross was 650mm width (variable width from 650 to 800mm) for a door.. but 700mm*700mm for the tray

We have two very small shower trays,can't remember exact size,but we too couldn't get a shower door small enough. Eventually we went to a local window and door manufacturer and the made a door for us.
It was a great job,very sturdy and tight and has never given any problems 10 years on

Would it help if door opened out rather than in ? I am laying out a 220cm by 130cm ensuite and need to have door open outwards rather than inwards. I hope to fit a 800cm square shower, 50cm wide sink, and small toilet (40cm wide, 62cm deep) but I think it will fit.

personnaly i think the proportions of 600 x 1100 shower tray would look odd - long and narrow! if bathroom small anyway, perhaps door opening in OR out the way might be aquward. i would be inclinde to agree with wet room idea...these are very trendy now and you can "tank" the entire area, similiar to whats used in swimming pools, to waterproof the area. Its a 2 step paint on compound process so completely DIY-able - we did our own 2 upstairs bathrooms for added security, even though they're not wetrooms, as its t&g on timber joists between floors.

For another innovative approach to showers try [broken link removed]link. class idea me thinks and there are stockists in Navan. we used the tile backer board to enclose bath for tiling - overkill and costly perhaps when ply would have done but liked the easy of use, you can cut with a hand saw - very sturdy job for 2 amatures. Also could cut out access panel to pipes post installation once tiler had advised of tile placement. We got our wedi board through Gilroys in Sligo but came up against issue as they did not supply the accessories as per the site so we improvised. the stockist in navan wasn't an option for us at the time.

no connection to wedi board BTW :cool:

Back