Unsure of phone number of Visa company

maybelline

Got a voicemail yesterday from AIB Visa to query some transactions - fair enough, this has happened before, I used the card for the first time in ages and I'm happy they keep an eye on things. But I googled the phone number left in the message and it comes up as an EBS Visa card centre. Is there a connection between them or does that sound dodgy to anyone?

AIB used to issue credit card to EBS memebers (think it's MBNA now)

But all the same, if you need to contact your cc company, use number on back of card or on your bill.

You are dead right not to ring back a number left on your voice mail purporting to be your credit card company, even though usually it's quite innocent.

Ring the number on the back of your card and select the "voice mail" option to report a stolen card - this will usually put you in touch with the correct department (and save you waiting in the normal queue).

I did ring the number, overwhelming urge to just get it sorted. :eek:

All fine as she went through the details, transactions etc, then the following happened...

Her: Can I get your mobile number for our records?
Me: But that's the number you rang me on in the first place! :confused:
Her: Err, they would have rung you from the security department which would have access to all your AIB account info, that we wouldn't have here in the credit card department

Seriously AIB, you're not filling me with confidence here!!

Back