Unsoliciated calls from credit card provider

Lilly2099

All, Just wondering if anyone has had any previous experience of 'stalking' by a well known credit card provider. By this I mean a provider who will send you messages by text such as 'call me now this is urgent' or ' plesae call me this cant go on' also calls to your workplace(without consent and without a number being provided wherby they have found out your workplace and called via a switchboard). And if anyone knows where the law stands on such forms of contact.

Do you mean that a credit card company is trying to get in touch with you over a debt you owe to them?

Also, just realised, this isn't the correct forum to ask this question in.

Last edited:
There was one payment missed of a small amount less than €20 this was one week ago and I intend to make the payment. I have not missed any previous payments on the card. The bombardment of messages and calls is what you would expect fropm a psycotic ex rather than a bank or credit card company. I had never provided them with details on my work number which they tracked down. The latest text message i got today was ' did you get my last messgae this is a test'. The worst thing is you cannot call back the number these messages are sent from. So basically in one month I have missed one payment as outlined above and have had in the last week over 10 missed calls to my mobile, 5 text messages, 1 email and one call to work( on a number which I did not provide to them' i am just windering if anyone has information on the laws regarding this form of contact. Outside of Ireland this company are known for these kind of tactics and I have read in other forums about this company and people outside of Ireland who have similar experiences of them.

Seems very strange over one missed payment. You can complain to the issuing company ie the Credit Cards bank/institution

Back