Unpaid loan on credit report

brokegirl

Hi

jusr looking for advice. My husband and I seperated in 2010. We had a lot of debts after the boom including a credit union loan for €15000 for car and home improvements which neither of us paid.
Fast forward to today looking at my credit report from the central bank and it’s still showing now.
I thought debts written off no longer showed after 6 years? I cannot afford to pay a debt now especially for a house I haven’t lived in for almost 10 years and a car my ex drove.
Is there anything I can do? Is this going to affect my score for the rest of my days?

Hi

jusr looking for advice. My husband and I seperated in 2010. We had a lot of debts after the boom including a credit union loan for €15000 for car and home improvements which neither of us paid.
Fast forward to today looking at my credit report from the central bank and it’s still showing now.
I thought debts written off no longer showed after 6 years? I cannot afford to pay a debt now especially for a house I haven’t lived in for almost 10 years and a car my ex drove.
Is there anything I can do? Is this going to affect my score for the rest of my days?

Why would you think that? You should have gotten a letter from your lender in advance of the migration of the data to the Central Credit Register (CCR) but unless you settled it, it would have gone up anyway. You can contact your lender and see if they will come to some sort of arrangement but it's hard to say what their attitude will be given that you both seem to have left them high and dry. Until you address it it's unlikely any other lender will consider lending to you and the credit union won't be able to amend your credit history until there's some sort of arrangement that is honoured.

The loan will stay on your credit record until it is either paid or "settled".

You should consider doing a PIA or DSA to settle the debt.

Jim Stafford

Back