Unpaid Direct Debit

lenovoguy

Hi there,

Today I got a letter in the post stating that I had an unpaid direct debit for my student credit card. Normally, I've paid off the minimum amount (100% of the balance) even before the DD comes around. I'm quite concerned as to what impact this may have on my credit history. As I said up until now I've been a good credit card custodian , exceeded the limit once last year but that was the only other thing. Any comments?

Also, what constitutes a "good" credit history?

Thanks

Once you pay it before month end you should be ok - ICB ratings show as 0 if you pay on time if you were one month late it would go 0,0,1 etc until brought into line. The odd blip will be ok if someone is 2 months late continually it is looked at harshly.

Right I see. when you say month end, do you mean calendar month or the billing month? and how do they reclaim the unpaid direct debit. I was told to just make a payment equal to or greater than the amount owed ASAP..

It is normally the Calendar month - lots of ways of paying - easiest is asking them to simply reapply for the DD once it is properly set up and running.

Back