Unpaid BOI loan

nursefish3

As a teenager I took out a student loan in 2007. As a stupid kid I never repaid the loan and went on to travel. I’ve did a credit check and it does not show up on it and I have received car loans from from credit union. My question is how will it affect me going to a bank for a mortgage? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve did a credit check and it does not show up on it and I have received car loans from from credit union. My question is how will it affect me going to a bank for a mortgage? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You're grand so. The bank you had the loan with may have a record of your default internally - so maybe don't apply to them - but if your credit record doesn't show it they have most likely written it off.

You're grand so. The bank you had the loan with may have a record of your default internally - so maybe don't apply to them - but if your credit record doesn't show it they have most likely written it off.
Thanks so much appreciate the response.

So if someone owes you money, and they tell you that they gave it to the Peter McVerry Trust, you would say "That's grand so".

Brendan
It's 17 years old, so probably no records at this stage.
So rather than shine a light on it (and I assume it's a relatively small amount as a student loan), a donation is a good idea.

If someone who I lent a few hundred to many years ago did that, I'd be happy enough.

Back