universal studios and islands of adventure i one day?

ilovepink

hi all.
im heading to orlando florida next week and our plan is to do all the parks. my question is can i do both islands of adventure AND universal studios in one day. thanks guys

Hi there,
I think if you tried to squeeze both of these into one day you could end up enjoying neither of them. I haven't been to Islands of adventure but Universal Studios i have been to. The day we went, we were there before 9am and stayed until after 6pm and
there were still one or two rides/shows we didn't get to.

It's an exhausting experience with lots of queuing in the heat and some physically demanding rides, not to mention the miles of walking around the park during the course of the day. I would suggest do one theme park per day. Anything more ambitious than that I think would be naive and most likely counter-productive.

Just my advice. Others may disagree.

Short answer is No.
We were there last year and first day in iniversal studios we were there all day and just about covered everthing.
Did not manage to cover everthing in one day in Island of adventure either.
Went back to both parks for a second day each, later in the holiday and enjoyed it a lot more by only going on the rides we really enjoyed the first visit.
Orlando is a great place but not to be rushed.

I did universal first and then Island of Adventure managed to get in everything in one day. Didn't have any kids with us so got around the place quickly. Wouldn't think the queues would be too bad in Feb

It depends on whether you will have kids and what their ages are.

Islands of Adventure is perfect for smaller children (below teenager) and will take a whole day to get around.

Universal Studio is more oriented towards the older visitor imho - although there is stuff there for young children.

Bear in mind that neither have a free fastpass system like Disney. You will either have to pay a premium to get past the lengthy queues or wait in line for rides you want to go on. The queuing can take up a significant portion of your visit.

hi all.
im heading to orlando florida next week and our plan is to do all the parks. my question is can i do both islands of adventure AND universal studios in one day. thanks guys

Were you not there yourself just before Christmas?

Were you not there yourself just before Christmas?[/QUOTE

No grizzly i wasnt there just before xmas. i was there nov 2008.
I didnt go to islands of adventure and thats why im asking... u obviously went through my posts.... very nosey!

You could but it wouldn't be very leisurely. Wrap up warm it's cold over there at the moment. Enjoy. There are Front of Line passes btw but you have to be staying in a Universal hotel to avail of it.