Union Beards

Purple

I was looking at this link with a picture of Jack O'Connor from SIPTU and it struck me that there is a high propensity to be bearded amongst (male) Union leaders and left wing politicians in general. What's the story with “comrade’s” and facial hair?
Was it all those Dr. Ernesto Guevara de la Serna posters that they had on their walls when they were in UCD?

could be a reflection of the general age profile of male union leaders - they would have settled their preferred hair arrangements in their early twenties at a point in time when the inspirational left fashion was set by several men with beards (course that is just the same thing you said purple!)

I was looking at this link with a picture of Jack O'Connor from SIPTU and it struck me that there is a high propensity to be bearded amongst (male) Union leaders and left wing politicians in general. What's the story with “comrade’s” and facial hair?
Was it all those Dr. Ernesto Guevara de la Serna posters that they had on their walls when they were in UCD?

:D

Ms Caveat was saying the same thing very recently.

Also, have you noticed how many of these guys use phrases like:

"Personally speaking, myself, If I can just say..."

"At this precise moment in time..."

and

"We intend to prevaricate and obstruct at every turn - not in the interest of the workers, but just because we can and we have low self esteem..."

No. Hang on. They'd never admit that last one...

:D

"We intend to prevaricate and obstruct at every turn - not in the interest of the workers but just because we can and we have low self esteem..."
That's just when their internal monologue breaks... :D

What I really hate is the 3rd person speak.

Remember the Iarnrod Eireann strike a good few years back, a certain Brendan Ogle couldnt open his gob without saying "If people think Brendan Ogle is X,Y,Z I can reassure you that Brendan Ogle ...... Brendan Ogle...... Brendan Ogle

What a muppet!

What I really hate is the 3rd person speak.

Remember the Iarnrod Eireann strike a good few years back, a certain Brendan Ogle couldnt open his gob without saying "If people think Brendan Ogle is X,Y,Z I can reassure you that Brendan Ogle ...... Brendan Ogle...... Brendan Ogle
Did he keep referring to “My members” or was it “Brendan Ogle’s members”?

Is there a right-wing anti-beard bias here?
(Maybe it's because capitalists tend to be bald? :))

What's the story with “comrade’s” and facial hair?

All those years ago, me da gave me good advice. He said never to trust people with beards. They were always hiding behind something.

Back