Unfair parking ticket fine!

boomboom4780

A friend of mine had a pay & display ticket that blew of the dash & she got issued a €40 fine , so she rang Fingal council and appealed she even posted the receipt in with a letter explaining what happened. She got a letter back the other day rejecting it, the fine still stands and it will increase the longer it's due!
They never returned the original receipt but she has a copy.

Is there anything she can do to fight this?
Should she just bite the bullet and pay the fine or tell them where the sun don't shine?

A friend of mine had a pay & display ticket that blew of the dash & she got issued a €40 fine , so she rang Fingal council and appealed she even posted the receipt in with a letter explaining what happened. She got a letter back the other day rejecting it, the fine still stands and it will increase the longer it's due!
They never returned the original receipt but she has a copy.

Is there anything she can do to fight this?
Should she just bite the bullet and pay the fine or tell them where the sun don't shine?

I wouldn't think she has a case. While she did pay, she didn't display. It's unfortunate when these things happen to honest people but life isn't always fair...

Happened to me too - a real pain in the proverbial.
Check and see how long your friend was away from the car.

A friend who claims to know says there are restrictions on what they can do in the first 15-20 mins.
I don't know this as fact myself and I haven't checked the law, but if your friend was only gone 5 minutes she may have a case regardless.

ONQ.

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

A friend who claims to know says there are restrictions on what they can do in the first 15-20 mins.

AFAIK there is no law covering this - some local authorities allow you a 5-10 minute grace without a ticket (assuming that you're gone to get one). DLRCoCo also allow a 15 minute grace at the end (in Sandyford anyway).

Back