Unfair Dismissal Query?

maxol

Hi all, quick question...

If the LRC finds in your favour on an unfair dismissal case but the company in question has since ceased trading and is now a 'new' company with no remaining officials originally involved in the dispute, WHAT HAPPENS??!!

Finding that the solicitor keeps telling me not to be worrying but would like to know if this all a futile exercise or at least know what lies ahead?

Thank you.

I assume that you were awarded monetary compensation.

but the company in question has since ceased trading

Assuming this is a limited company, it cannot wind up without paying its creditors. You are a creditor. Check with the CRO to see if the company is still listed. You can also get their latest accounts (which will list assets etc.) from the CRO.

If its an unlimited company, then the owner(s) are personally liable regardless of whether or not they are trading.

P.S. Sometimes disreputable employers set themselves up so that their employees are employed by a worthless limited company with no assets that "officially" provides contracted services to the "real" employer. In such cases, at the LRC hearing, it is important to raise this issue and dispute who the real employer is. Employment hearings may decide that the worthless limited company is not the real employer regardless of what the official paperwork says.

takeover

Hi, I have since found out that they were the subject of a takeover following the appointment of a liquidator. At the rights hearing nobody represented the firm. The takeover firm is very present in the industry currently.
any ideas on potential outcomes for me?