unethical pension waiver by employer

I don’t understand that why everyone is mixing the lifetime exemption limit of €200K for ex-gratia payment with the pension lump sum of €200K. The fact is that I received around €17K but if I was aware that the maximum ex-gratia payment limit is €200K I wouldn’t sign the waiver and obviously €17K is much less than €200K. Isn’t it?

Sorry, but this makes no sense. The maximum tax-free redundancy payment (including the present value of any future pension lump sum) is €200k. But nowhere do you suggest that you were being offered a redundancy payment of €200k. If your redundancy payment was €17k, then the €200k is irrelevant.
Yes €17k is less than €200k, but you were never offered €200k, were you? So I fail to see where you were misled. Even if you were told about the €200k limit, it would not have impacted your decision since you were only getting €17k.

Mentioning 200k limit (which is a LIFETIME LIMIT) is relevant here to make an informed decision. Why would I waive my right to take a higher redundancy payment over much higher (growing pension) when I can simply pay €1600 and save the tax exemption for my pension? I obviously made the wrong decision because of lack of information provided..

Sorry, am I missing something?

As I understand it, the OP was given poor advice and waived his right to a tax-free lump sum from a fund that’s now worth €80k in order to get a much smaller amount via tax-free redundancy.

It’s as stark as this: I could have €800k in my fund (so €200k tax-free) and be asked if I want to waive that for €20k.

Finally someone understands what I’m trying to explain here..thanks so much..

Now since you have got my point what advice will you have for me? What should be my line of action?
bear in mind that I’m not looking for compensation nor putting any accusations on the solicitor, all I want is to revive my right for the tax free lump sum and revoke the waiver..even if that means I have to pay the tax on the previous payment