Understanding PRSI Statement

ACER10

From AAM, I found out about the PRSI Statement. I am wondering if someone who understands the format, could take a lot. I am going around in circles understanding it.

Background:
Summer 1996, 1995 - Summer jobs on the then 'Student Scheme' - should that have PRSI contributions.
1997 - 1998 Teaching and Social Welfare for a few weeks of Summer
Sept 1998 - Sept 1999 Australia
Sept 1999 - Dec 1999 Teaching
Dec 1999 - May 2000 Teaching
June 2000 - English Language Camp - Should this have Credits?
Sept 2000 - June 2001 Teaching - would have signed on if not paid for the Summer.
Sept 2001 - Jan 2005 Teaching & Summer work at Language school
Feb 2005 - August 2006 Dept of Social Welfare Credits for VSO
Aug 2006 - NOW Teaching in the same school, Different contracts, State Exams Work, JCT work - hence the extra credits I think.

Does any of this look odd, or is it normal to have extra credits and missing credits.
In general, Teachers now to sign on straight away during the Christmas, Easter and Summer holidays etc, back in the early days.
Thank you in advance for your time and headspace.

1724333401439.png

The main column of interest is the far right one, Combined Reckonable contributions and credits. For any year where this shows 52, you have maximum contributions in that year. You are fully covered for most years.

Can you remember the employer details for your student employment. If you can you could ask DSP to investigate if Prsi contributions are missing. Or if possible contact the employers and ask for details of your employment.

You are short 5 contributions for 2006.You could contact DSP and ask for these missing contributions to be filled in.

For 1998 and 1999 you will be missing some contributions while you worked in Australia. You are missing a total of 43 contributions for this period.. If your period in Australia was approximately 43 weeks, then your record is probably correct.

Other than that you are allowed a total of 520 credits. You only have 138 credits so you are well under the 520 maximum allowed.

If you were to retire early you could sign on for Jobseekers credits up to age 66.
These would increase the amount of State Pension that you would qualify for.

At present you have capicity for an extra 382 credits.

If for instance you took early retirement at age 60 you could sign on for Jobseekers credits for 6 years and gain an extra 312 reckonable contributions.

Last edited:
The main column of interest is the far right one, Combined Reckonable contributions and credits. For any year where this shows 52, you have maximum contributions in that year. You are fully covered for most years.

Can you remember the employer details for your student employment. If you can you could ask DSP to investigate if Prsi contributions are missing. Or if possible contact the employers and ask for details of your employment.

You are short 5 contributions for 2006.You could contact DSP and ask for these missing contributions to be filled in.

For 1998 and 1999 you will be missing some contributions while you worked in Australia. You are missing a total of 43 contributions for this period.. If your period in Australia was approximately 43 weeks, then your record is probably correct.

Other than that you are allowed a total of 520 credits. You only have 138 credits so you are well under the 520 maximum allowed.

If you were to retire early you could sign on for Jobseekers credits up to age 66.
These would increase the amount of State Pension that you would qualify for.

At present you have capicity for an extra 382 credits.

If for instance you took early retirement at age 60 you could sign on for Jobseekers credits for 6 years and gain an extra 312 reckonable contributions.
Thank you @S class
That really is explained so perfectly for me. I actually get it.
Thank you for the suggestions. I will report if I improve on above.

Back