Underfloor & Oil

kildarebuild

We have installed underfloor heating on both floors of our dormer - we opted to go for an oil condenser to heat up our house. Has anyone ever left the oil running 24 / 7 keeping the temp of the house at a constant temperature?

Im worried that it might too expensive to run on oil and was thinking of using the wood burning stove to heat the underfloor as well but my plumber dismisses this as "going backwards" rather than "forwards"

Any experience with this?

"going backwards" is a stupid thing to say. whatever reduces your dependance on oil is a clever thing to do . i think that this may not work for you though as you have ufh on both floors. i am about to put in a wood burner in my own house where i have mixed heating 40% ufh v. 60% rads. the issue with wood burners is that they create a lot of heat and cannot be easily controlled. rads are good at dissapating this heat but in a purely ufh system. it has nowhere to go.
a friend of mine got a wood burner in and a few weeks later during a power cut (no pump) one of the pipes actualy exploded. luckily the damage was minimal and noone was hurt but it shows that this is a serious issue.

Back