Underfloor Heating - Marble Tiles

Hurling Fan

In the middle of a build at the moment and we're putting in UFH. Looking at getting marble tiles for most of downstairs. These tiles are 20 mm thick and just wondering will they effect the efficiency of the heating. Have heard that porcelain tiles work well with UFH but just wanted to check out the thickness of these marble ones before going ahead. Thanks.

we have UFH and are about to lay 20mm marble tiles in the hall, was told the UFH will still be effective but cant let you know next week when they are finished.

Put porcelain in the kitchen already & had the UFH on at the weekend and it was fab. Lovely warm tiles! Heaven

it'll be the same. only flooring that creates an air gap between the screed and the floor surface is bad for efficiency

Hi

Just noticed this post is from a while ago. We are thinking of putting marble tiles in our new build as well (with UFH). Just wondering how you got on?

Thanks

Well we put in the marble tiles and the house is very warm and don't think they have effected the heating efficiency of the UFH. The one thing I will say is that they don't seem to get very warm to the touch but they are not cold either - I just had visions of warm tiles which they're not. Having said that we have laminate upstairs and they don't get warm to the touch either but the house is lovely and warm if you know what I mean.

if you have tiles on under floor heating and they are nice and warm to touch your heat controll is wrong .under floor heat is best kept on when you have found the termo tempeture you like to live with this form of heating just maintains this tempeture.Its designed to work with the termostate to keep an even heat to your room.its not designed to warm your cold feet:)

Back