Underfloor heating in bathrooms

HouseHunter

We are remodelling our bathroom and are considering underfloor heating. Its not very big but we dont have central heating and cant have a radiator installed. I am wondering how effective it actually is and if there is a problem does it require the entire floor to be taken up.

Cheers

Househunter,

We have recently redone our bathroom. Although we have a radiator in the bathroom, we decided to put in some electric underfloor heating.
A builder friend of mine gave me some electirc u/f heating matting and I sourced a control panel/thermostat from an online UK heating supplier. Electrician had no problem connecting it all up. Result is toasty feet.
One thing to make note of is that you must cover as much of the floor as possible with the matting. We tiled ours with porcelain tiles and a few small areas that I did not cover with matting do not heat up at all. I thought that some heat would have transferred to these areas through the tiles, but that doesn't seem to happen.

teddyk.

Its called devimat. Lots people are now using this low temperature floor heating system, reducing their heating costs and still ensuring they have all the benefits of a comfortable floor.

Its called devimat. Lots people are now using this low temperature floor heating system, reducing their heating costs and still ensuring they have all the benefits of a comfortable floor.

That almost reads like an ad!! Any connection pico? Devi are one brand of matts, there are others on the market.

Bear in mind that these mats are rated in the region of 160W/m2. They are usually intended to eliminate the cold feel from a tiled floor, not to provide space heating.
Leo