Underfloor heating: electric vs wet system

Peachie

Thinking of installing underfloor heating as a sole source of heating in the kichen (to save on wall space). Planning to tile the floor. If I go for electric, I may install a night saver meter to benefit from cheaper night time rates. if I go for the water system, might look into connecting it to solar panels (though hot floors in the summer time prob not too desirable...) or run it off the main boiler (hoping to install wood pellet). Has anyone had experience with either system? Any recommendations?
TIA

I wouldn't go electric as you will be at the mercy of rising ESB prices, and the ESB is still too dependent on fossil fuels. I'd be trying ot minimise my exposure to ESB rather than increase it. Of course the wood pellet supply still leaves something to be desired but if you search here you'll find more information on wood pellet systems and other alternative systems. I went with geothermal myself.

extopia, how is it working out for u. have you got it in long..did you use underfloor heating.