Under floor heating

mloc

We are thinking of putting this into a new extension, the floor area will be approx 27ft by 16ft and it will be a high (apex) ceiling. If we go for underfloor heating will this be adequate without having to install a radiator for boosting the heat?
I'm thinking particulalry of situations like first thing in the morning, late in the evening and during cold spells in the winter?
If anybody has any first hand knowledge of underfloor heating I'd appreciate your feedback.
I'd love to put it in and not have to bother with rads in the new space but I'm concerned that the room might feel cold at times. It's going to house a kitchen and dining area and will be the focal point of the house so I want the underfloor heating to make the space feel warm and inviting.

Please give me your feedback.

Hi mloc,

I have underfloor heating in my sunroom which is also an apex roof and i find it a lovely ambient heat, you can turn it up or down and it takes a couple of hours to react so if you know it is going to be cold or mild readjust the setting. Mine is powered electrically. I don't think you need a radiator to boost as the underfloor will give an all over heat. I have a travertine tile down - your flooring is worth considering also. Good luck with extension. I'm sorry i don't have UFH in rest of house.

We are going to have tiles, do different types emit different levels of heat

Hi mloc,I have underfloor heating in my house - extremely warm and comfortable when it is on nomatter how cold it gets.Word of warning though it could take a good half to full day to heat up the concrete floor. miq

Hi mloc,

I'm sure tiles won't be a problem but if you were going with wood I'd check out that it was all going to work together ok.

Back