Under 18's Disco

• Thread starter Críostóir
  • Start date
C

Críostóir

I am interested in organising some under 18's disco's and was looking for some advice from people mainly about the legal requirements for doing this and anything else, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Go raibh maith agat.

A friend of mine tried this a few years ago and gave up on it after a while due to security and insurance risks. Lesson learned: 14-17 year olds can be a dangerous bunch with a little drink on them!!

And the drugs........

I wouldn't go near this area myself personally. I remember my underage discos (which wasn't too long ago) and they can be wild. Horny, drunk, emotional teenagers. No thanks.

Maybe contact your local liason officer and the secondary schools. They might be able to help? Also would the venue not be the person to look after the insurance? There are probably strict fire and health & safety regulations alright. And you'd have to have some parents/gaurd/teacher chaperons? I'd start with the liason officer.

Underage discos - are you mad? Your only looking for trouble. No matter how well you organise it, something will go wrong and it will land at your feet.