Ultimate Retirement Calculator?

It works similar to a lot of them and nothing special.

This one doesn't allow you to input the percent charges, so you would have to reduce your expected return by this charge percentage.

This might be a good place for people to post links to their favourite online pension (and perhaps other financial) calculators. As a financial broker we mostly use calculators provided by software providers as part of a subscription package. But the Pensions Authority has a simple one as a starting point.

What other online calculators do people use?

I think Standard Life have an interesting calculator on how much income you might need in retirement-

That's a good one. I like the simplicity. Constructive suggestions would be that they should put in a line highlighting that this is the cost for one person and not a couple and also a gross figure using "standard" tax calculations. The latter might perhaps compromise the simplicity.

This might be a good place for people to post links to their favourite online pension (and perhaps other financial) calculators. As a financial broker we mostly use calculators provided by software providers as part of a subscription package. But the Pensions Authority has a simple one as a starting point.

What other online calculators do people use?
I've always found this one to be terrible. Trying it now, it tells me I'm not going to make my target income in retirement (I left out an old DB pension as the calculator has nowhere to put it). I re-ran the calculation l, but this time I reduced my target income by the projected amount of the DB pension. It now tells me I'm still underfunded, and recommends a new contribution level to the current pension. The new contribution it recommends is lower than the contribution I told it to use in the projection.

It seems this one has not improved since I last looked at it.

Quick question: if one had a gross pension of c.€50K, what would the tax liability be for a married person?

I've always found this one to be terrible. Trying it now, it tells me I'm not going to make my target income in retirement (I left out an old DB pension as the calculator has nowhere to put it). I re-ran the calculation l, but this time I reduced my target income by the projected amount of the DB pension. It now tells me I'm still underfunded, and recommends a new contribution level to the current pension. The new contribution it recommends is lower than the contribution I told it to use in the projection.

It seems this one has not improved since I last looked at it.
Yeah, it seems like its designed mainly for pensions which will buy an annuity. It doesn't show the % annuity rate used.
It also assumes you just have a single pension pot. No mention of a TF lump-sum either.

"Your accumulated retirement fund is converted to an annual pension using a combination of market annuity rates as at 1 November 2023 and long term average annuity rates. The actual conversion rate at retirement may differ from the conversion rate used in your illustration."

Back