UlsterBank 'Worldcard'

shopkeeper

Recently Ulsterbank have written to me advising that my previous 'Zinc' credit card was to be 'upgraded' to a 'World' credit card. An opt out telephone no. was provided in small print. I opted out, by ringing the number provided as I am satisfied with my current arrangement. Obviously I committed the cardinal error of not writing to the bank to opt out, and my verbal instructions were promptly ignored. I don't know what advantage the bank have in making the changes or in ignoring my instructions. Has anyone else had similar experiences, or any thoughts on the reasons behind the changes.

Thanks.

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

Does your telephone bill not have a note of the call to their specific opt out number and this may help you as proof? They also record calls 'for training purposes' so should be able to trace same.

Thanks Sue,

yes your suggestion is something that I will follow up upon. I must try to locate an itemised bill (which may be a few weeks away as call was made quite recently), and write to the Bank when I have the relevant details. Thanks again.

Back