Ulsterbank CC

N

Nixx

Called ulsterbank yesterday i have a credit card since 2002 crazy interest rate something like 17% .Told them i wanted to cancel the card cos the interest was to high , put throught to retention department. I explained the same . interest cut to 8.5% immediateldy no more questions asked.

Nice one - did you request anything in writing to confirm same? Is that on purchases or cash advance or both?

i have ulster bank card also.. 3k on it at moment, 8k is limit.. did you have a balance when you said it to them as i might phone them also

Called ulsterbank yesterday i have a credit card since 2002 crazy interest rate something like 17% .Told them i wanted to cancel the card cos the interest was to high , put throught to retention department. I explained the same . interest cut to 8.5% immediateldy no more questions asked.

Hardly a coincidence that they offer you the lowest rate in the market! Anyone who has a cc should use the 8.5% rate as their bargaining tool when the ring their cc provider, though it has to be said cash rates are very high with the AIB CLICK card.

Back