Ulster Ulster tracker appeal - how long does it take?

BlueSky

Registered User
Messages
42
I really hope that's the case @notabene and @SaySomething - utterly draining when it goes on for such a long time.
I'm earlier in the process - and will be Lower Panel. We appealed, Bank replied, we replied to that, and since then nothing, no acknowledgement from BDO or indication of next steps, so I'm trying to find out what happens now.
 

notabene

Frequent Poster
Messages
333
I really hope that's the case @notabene and @SaySomething - utterly draining when it goes on for such a long time.
I'm earlier in the process - and will be Lower Panel. We appealed, Bank replied, we replied to that, and since then nothing, no acknowledgement from BDO or indication of next steps, so I'm trying to find out what happens now.
Good luck @BlueSky hopefully it will go well for you too and be resolved quickly enough - I agree, it can be very draining when it’s going on so long - hopefully bdo will be able to lay out a bit of a timeline for you also
 

notabene

Frequent Poster
Messages
333
Bank were late back with their submission, they were asked to present calculations to the panel, which are inaccurate for the first three years so a submission is gone back to the panel regarding this and asking for independent verification of same
 

notabene

Frequent Poster
Messages
333
An update on appeal here - last submission was on 14th June in response to a quantum of the cost of the mortgage for the remaining term which the panel had asked the bank to provide (similar to what they would have provided with redress package, expect going forward, baring in mind this is a complete estimate based on current differences in rates which is the best that can be done but not hugely realistic as we don't know what will happen in the future, be it negative rates or increases in the base rate which has to happen at some stage over the period) small errors in it as TRS changes not accounted for as the bank had gone on from Dec 2017 and not considered the changes to TRS in 2018/2019/2020 and gone by 2021 nor asked for current statements which would have shown changes in 2018/19.

In their submission with this information to the panel the bank were very strong in their wording saying that as I met eligibilty criteria in Jan 18 they would only continue transfer of the mortgage back(yet continuing to refuse to provide original contract, which the panel has noted does contain significant changes in favour of the bank), if i'm not mortgage worthy they'll refund cost of mortgage going forward and if I decide not to take mortgage they'll only refund to the date i decide not to take mortgage - panel seems to be exploring the idea of getting the bank to buy me out, for several reasons though I have noted to them while I'll consider all solutions, I'm taking the larger risk in that particular scenario as interest rates ultimately will go up - will see what they recommend in the end, but bank being uncooperative in all manner of exploration of solutions - anyway not going to worry about that it's for the panel to sort.

I asked for an independent valuation in light of the incorrect figures. I was then away until the end of this week, an update came out early this week and I spoke to to BDO to clarify myself on Friday then, they are going to have the figures independently valued - but it has taken them the three weeks to appoint someone to do this job ( bit surprised this hasn't happened previously and that they didn't have someone to hand but it seems they had to look for someone to do it..but anyway wasn't going to fight with them over this point) and they have estimated they'll be back with in 5-10 working days but haven't put a deadline on them (somewhat frustrating but again no point in arguing). Both parties (self and bank) then have 20 days ie 4 weeks to comment & panel is to review and make decisions as quickly as possible after this has been done. So realistically I would say no decision before September really - bank is likely to take the 20 days, as they usually do, and when you account for people going on holidays and six weeks to process and then time for the panel....frustrating as it is another summer gone and I was really hoping the independent figures would be back after three weeks but I suppose better to have it all done properly....the wait continues....
 
Last edited:

notabene

Frequent Poster
Messages
333
Three weeks since last contact with BDO - rang them today for an update - valuations not ready to go and won't be for a further week to ten days - apparently not the valuer holding up the show but 'stuff going on in the background i'm not at liberty to talk about' - frustrating as it is now 6 weeks since last correspondence went into them, likely to be 8 by the time next submission is sent out for comment on the valuer's work, is out with four weeks for both myself and the bank to respond brings us into September and I would say then likely October before a decision with that then possibly having to go to the Bank's steering committee also....so a long wait still ahead, quite frustrated at present as we are now into the 12th year.....
 

BlueSky

Registered User
Messages
42
Super frustrating, notabene. Any further update your end as regards progress? FYI there was a meeting yesterday of the Appeals Committee, lower panel - I wonder if they take place on the same day as the upper panel. I called yesterday to see how our own case was progressing as we've had a fair amount of back and forth (eg UB taking 38 working days to respond to a query from the Panel when they were given 20 days, how do they get away with this stuff?!) and I'm waiting now to see what comes from yesterday's meeting - hopefully a determination of some sort.
 

SaySomething

Frequent Poster
Messages
550
To update. The Lower Appeals Panel have upheld our appeal and offered a larger sum of money in compensation.

We are now considering the offer. Several of our issues are outside of the scope of the Panel and they are unable to make a ruling on those which suggests that we should go to the FSPO.

It’s all about weighing up the pros/cons and whether we want to drag the issues further (at least another year is likely).
 

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Messages
37,862
Hi SS

That is great news. It's a bit lost in this very long thread.

Any chance that you would summarise your case and the outcome in a separate thread which might help others?

Brendan
 
Top