Ulster Bank Visa Debit -Accepted as laser?

vandriver

Just got a replacement for my broken UB laser card ,which turns out to be a visa debit.Is this card accepted everywhere that laser is?I am thinking especially of aldi and lidl,where I do a fair bit of shopping.

I’m afraid your shopping times in Aldi are now cash based because your new Visa Debit card is not accepted everywhere where your Laser was.

But now you can use your card everywhere in the world with 30 million merchant outlets and 1.4 million ATMs displaying the VISA logo.

Last edited:
Just got a replacement for my broken UB laser card ,which turns out to be a visa debit.Is this card accepted everywhere that laser is?I am thinking especially of aldi and lidl,where I do a fair bit of shopping.

It should be accepted anywhere there is the Visa sign, Lidi have just recently added the Visa Debit card to their methods of payment, and I see Aldi got new terminals in so I expect they will follow suit if they haven't done so allready.

I have been using my Ulster Bank Visa debit card successfully in Aldi for the last month.