Ulster Bank upping its fees again - April 2020

Nordkapp

What on earth are they playing at?

For transfers and payments

Only applies to transactions in branch. The bit that stands out to me is where its a UB account to UB account transfer, both accounts are charged.

My emphasis added to below:

"From the 18 April 2020, the transaction fee for Payments and Transfers carried out in a branch is increasing from €0.20 to the In Branch/Counter Fee of €0.80. Where these Payments and Transfers are made between Ulster Bank current accounts that are subject to transaction fees, the In Branch/Counter transaction fee of €0.80 will apply to both the account holder making the Payment or Transfer and to the person receiving the Payment or Transfer."

Correct, both accounts are charged. Getting tricky to avoid UB charges. Currently if I lodge cash into UB I am charged 1€ for the pleasure. Most ring them tomorrow for clarity. My wife operates a few UB accounts,so I'll be suggesting she move them to KBC /elsewhere

It's a small change to Ulster Back fees and it only applies to certain branch transactions. With 97% or so if transactions done online these days, the change will effect a low percentage of transactions/customers.

That said, as said above, the charge for an INBOUND transaction if the origins of the transaction were a manual branch transaction is unusual. Hardly fair on the receiver if the sender did the transaction manually.

Wow so I owe my son some money, maybe a gift....a transfer from UB to UB, we are both charged.....

I can Revolut him the funds in full instantly without driving to the branch, paying for parking etc.

All these fees should be avoided if possible by moving Bank if necessary.

Last edited: