Ulster Bank ufirst Gold Account

Petermack

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but this has been flagged on the Bargain Alerts board earlier today.

For €14 a month for the Gold Account;

- 'Free' banking (I know its not exactly free at €14 a month but bear with me for the below benefits that essentially make it free!)

- €1,000 interest free overdraft (need to apply in branch for this)

- 25% back on all Ticketmaster purchases up to 4 tickets per event

- Free Phone insurance (€95 excess)

- Free Worldwide Travel Insurance (No limits on number of trips, includes Snow Holidays)

- 10% off travel bookings made with the site (excludes Ryanair but includes almost all other carriers, plus hotels, car hire etc)

There's other stuff in there, 20% at some limited amount of restaurants in the ROI, membership of an Airport Lounge programme (still costs €24 a go), your own Concierge, preferential Mortgage/Personal loan rates, death insurance etc.

Seemingly if you get your wages paid into the account monthly, then the €14 euro is waived. There may be some stipulations as to the companies that qualify for this.

Just to mention that UB are prohibiting new applicants for uFirst Accounts beyond this Saturday evening.

[broken link removed]

Thanks for posting that TaulPaul. I will update the best buys.

A surprising move by Ulster Bank.

I wonder is this an initial move before Ulster Bank change the fees on their main current account product.

Based on the problems UB & related companies in the RBS Group have had over the past 12-months, I'd not bank with them even if it was "free" banking.