Ulster Bank UFirst Account

thespecialon

I currently have an Ulster Bank UFirst Account.I just a letter recently to say it will be increasing to €10 a month for this priviledge.
I have a tracker mortatage at ECB +.95, I think I was supposed to get ECB + .75 if I had a UFirst account,I queried this recently but have heard nothing back.
I also have a free overdraft facility with UFirst for €500.

So Basically all I can see Ufirst offers me is an interest free overdraft?
Or maybe I am missing something?

I am going to cancel my Ufirst and revert back to a 'Normal' Current Account.
Has anyone run into difficulties doing this?Or have they tried upping mortatage rates or anything like this?

Finally can I cancel over the phone or will I have to call into my local branch to sign forms or anything like this?

Sorry for long winded questions,hope someone can help

Thanks,

T

Whilst I was with UB, the only real advantage of the U first was the fraction of a percentage improvement on the mortgage rate. The rest of it was just filler - eg. discounts on hotels and restaurants, etc.

I switched back once I moved my mortgage. Just make sure that they do actually switch you back as I had to get them to refund a few months charges as I hadn't been switched back.

Did you have to call into branch,sign papers etc. when you cancelled?
Or is it possible to ring branch or some other central number to revert back to a 'normal' current account?

Did you have to call into branch,sign papers etc. when you cancelled?
Or is it possible to ring branch or some other central number to revert back to a 'normal' current account?
I called in and filled out a form. Just make a note of the date you did - and check your online statement/mini statement to make sure the charge has been dropped.

I just sent a letter to my branch and they cancelled it straight away. In my opinion, it doesn't have any real advantage to most people, apart from the mortgage rate benefit.

Can you tell me is there a difference in the interest rate if you switch from a Ufirst to a 'Normal' Current Account ?
Also by switching you save €120 a yr but will you end up paying more on a higher interest rate on ur mortgage over the yr ?

Would you not simply be better off with Halifax - 10% on up to €2K and free banking?

Back