Ulster Bank Savings and Investments

Smart_Saver

Hi,
Anyone know about Ulster Bank Savings and Investments.

They have this offer now on investing for between 3 & 1/2 or 6 years.
Investment packages start off at 3500 euros.

Word I got back wass that there are no charges at all (which I find hard to believe).

Anyone invested in them or have any info?

Thanks a lot

Is it a tracker bond (such as [broken link removed]) by any chance? Few if any tracker bonds have no charges. Who are you getting word back from on this matter? You might want to do a bit more research (at least here on AAM if not elsewhere) before diving into something that you don't really understand and that may not suit your specific circumstances. Maybe start with the key posts and then search the site:

Searching Askaboutmoney.com using Google

You should get independent, professional advice (not from a bank's tied agent sales people) if you are not sure what savings/investment options are most appropruiate for your circumstances.

Thats the one allright that I was being quoted. I intend to go back in and investigate it more. It is called the Triumph Investment Bond. I'll post up any information I get back on it.
Cheers for the reply

Many people (myself included) believe that the cons of tracker bonds generally outweigh the pros. Have a root around for previous discussions of tracker bonds in general.

Hi there
I was looking at this the other day when I was in the bank. I'm also looking at [broken link removed]. This is my first time to make an investment so I'm really just dipping my toe in the water.

These are the details of the Ulster Bank offer;

I've read quite a few of the posts about tracker bonds on AAM and been to itsyourmoney.ie , (great site for anyone getting started) - This Ulster Bank offer is appealing to me because I'm guaranteed the capital back, but I understand that with inflation and DIRT, there might not be much of a return.

The Rabodirect is also appealing because there is a low entry cost and you can increase your investment monthly. I think I'm erring more towards Rabo than the UB offer but would appreciate any advice or comments.

thanks

Jennifer