Ulster Bank - ongoing issue with personal loan.

Minime

On going issue with ub since 2008 about a personal loan.this has been investigated twice and was upheld .March this year same issue occurs and I have request all my data.just received letter data has gone missing.ub want to investigate again.

about 10 yr ago UB lost all of my data for a bridging loan, I had to re apply and almost lost the purchase of our house. This was very convenient for them because I refuse a PPI on the loan.

ROKER.

Given the history on Payment Protection Insurance (PPI), your comment {because I refuse a PPI on the loan }is hugely important.

Suggest do a Subject Access Report (SAR) costs e6.50 .
On that, all communications verbal and written should be recorded.
It will take 40 days + to get this.

The whole PPI saga in most banks is well proven in Uk and staunchly fudged in ROI by Central Bank/ Ombudsman etc.

Should your SAR come back and show that your (grief) was caused by not taking PPI , not only will you get recompensed you will do a HUGE favour to those also cheated by Banks stealing/shuffling on PPI.

The scale of PPI miss-sells in Ireland far far exceeds any other obvious misdeeds by banks.
Minime.
Can you give us more info please.

Down payment made on this loan shortly after taken it out.only discover after a call to say loan was in arrears in February 12 that down payment couldn't be located turns out loan wasn't in arrears An money was located my loan was in credit September 2012.Credit was transferred back to me. In March 2015 a call to say loan was in 3months arrears all money was an account I keep just for this loan. Standing order they said expired.And also I need to repay the credit that was gave back to me because I wasn't in credits they say now?i also done a SARS all all my data a month prior to down payment cannot be located.

Last edited:
Minime.
Can,t quite catch all you are saying .
Am I correct in the following.?

1. You took out loan.circa early 12.

2.Money lodged to repay loan was not put to loan.

3. Money lodged to repay loan (found) by Sept 12 and loan updated.

4. In March 15 loan is now in arrears because your Standing Order (SO) to transfer from another account had expired.

Then.

1. Bank claim funds returned to you should not have been returned?

Suggest.
A. Get copy of actual loan statement.
B. Get copy of actual statement of the account you used to transfer to loan account.
C. Request a copy of the Standing order (SO) you signed to transfer funds.

Armed with that info you will be able to trace movements properly.

If you find you have been (done) do an Irish Credit Bureau (ICB) check because these issues have a nasty habit of affecting your credit rating.

Comment;

I would have thought it would be sensible for Mr Bank to volunteer this info ?