Ulster Bank Laser Card No CV2 Number on back?

ZeroCool

I have recently got a Laser Card form the Ulster Bank and I was on the internet this morning and I was booking something online. The company takes laser cards but I needed a cv2 number on the back a 3 digit number. It was'nt there so I called the bank and they said on there new card you dont get that number you will have to book over the phone but if ya book it over the phone then they need the number too. Has anybody else had this problem or is the girl in ulsterbank giving me a story to hide the fact she has not got a clue. My boyfriend got a new BOI Laser card last week as he lost his and he has the number on it?????

I have a new Laser Card - got it about a month ago and it has said numbers on the back.

ya it seem a bit weird having a laser card with no number on the back it kinda defeats the porpose of the thin in the first place!!! thanks for your comment though.

My PTSB Laser card (expiring next year) has no numbers on the back - just the 16 digit number on the front. It's also not Chip and Pin and I see some retailers starting to refuse non C&P cards! :( My PTSB Visa card (also expiring next year) does have the 7 digit code on the signature strip - the last 3 digits of which are often requested for online transactions.

I had a similar issue with my AIB Laser card and Betfair.
Apparently, if you enter 123 or 000 it is accepted and works. (don't even remember the specifics now, but i may if prompted).

It's like a cat with 2 tails. (Nobody knows whats going on, what to do or even which direction to turn.)

Try the usuals, if that fails then shout back.

Neither my Ulster Bank Service Card or AIB Card (both Chip and PIN) have CV2 (or any other numbers) on the signature strip. I'm pretty sure that '123' or '000' will work-I think CDWOW have this on their site somewhere.

This thread may be of some interest.

I have no 3 digit number on the back of my AIB LAser Card either but whien i bought CDs online with CD WOW they told you to enter 999 I think as the CV2 number, and on Aer Lingus I just left it blank, and it worked fine.

i have a new servicecard with ub and it has a 3 digit code on the back.

My PTSB Laser card (expiring next year) has no numbers on the back - just the 16 digit number on the front. It's also not Chip and Pin and I see some retailers starting to refuse non C&P cards! :( My PTSB Visa card (also expiring next year) does have the 7 digit code on the signature strip - the last 3 digits of which are often requested for online transactions.

It's against laser t + c's if anyone refuses to accept non chip and pin cards. I was asked for id in a shop yesterday when I tried to pay for something with my ptsb laser!

[broken link removed]

Thanks. The sign was up in Fresh in Smithfield. If I recall correctly they are saying that they will no longer accept non Chip & PIN Laser cards from the middle of this month. I rarely use my Laser there but I'll bear your post in mind if anybody ever does refuse my non Chip & PIN Laser card.

Back