Ulster bank joint mortgage

Daly1234

Hi

looking for some advice I split up with my partner back in 2006 just after we had purchased a houseI I continued to pay the mortgage my partner never contributed. Ulster bank would not take name of the mortgage. Roll on 2019 i sold the house 2 years ago got an agreement with my ex I took all the profit as no contributions were paid by them.Recieved a phone call from ulter bank in August wonder why I had not cashed the cheque seems I was over charge on the mortgage. The sent the cheque to my old address made no effort to contact me. After many many phone calls not once did Ulster bank try to contact me I received half the money and some extra compensation for probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Approximately€1k +€400. Total compensation is approximately €2k they will not pay total amount as they fob me by saying they as trying to contact my ex this has been going for over 4 months. The extra compensation was payed as they failed to resolve within agreed time ( I did make an official complaint useless.)They transfer the compensation but paid €4K not €400. I will pay the money back but should I keep the 1k that they still owe as I feel they have no intention of sorting out. Sorry about long post.

You cannot keep what is not yours regardless of how you feel.
I agree but they had overcharged my mortgage and did everything in their power not to pay the overcharge amount(which they have only paid half) and keep the money

Back