Ulster Bank Internet Banking Computers on strike??

bacchus

Looks like Ulster Bank Anytime (internet banking) is run with stone age technology, e.g. humans. :).
The last update of my statement is from last week, 22/12/2006.:(

Am i or is UB the only one with this issue?

The most recent fully applied transaction I have is also from the 22/12/2006 but I've got eight transactions in the pending state.
Seven of them have application dates of 28/12/2006. These have been visible since the 23/12/2006.

It's unusual to see them that far in advance. I assume this is due to their Christmas break.
My salary goes in today but the available balance actually increased on the 23rd so it hasn't caused me any problems.

I assume this is due to their Christmas break.

due to the Christmas break.

23 December = Saturday i.e. non-processing day.
24 December = Sunday i.e. non-processing day.
25 December = Christmas Day i.e. non-processing day.
26 December = St Stephen's Day i.e. non-processing day.
27 December = Banks, as always not open on this day i.e. non-processing day.

any transactions made on the above dates will appear as 'pending' and will come off your available balance. They however will not appear on the statement until the next processing date - 28 December.

GeneralZod's salary will have been available since the overnight update on 22 December (i.e. from 23 December onwards).

Overnight updates only occur on processing days (i.e. Monday - Friday)

So if something is due to be credited to / debited from your account on a Monday, it will actually be accessible / gone from your account on the Saturday morning (following Friday's overnight update)

So if something is due to be credited to / debited from your account on a Monday, it will actually be accessible / gone from your account on the Saturday morning (following Friday's overnight update)
I find that to be different for AIB, where SO's for monday don't actually leave till the monday morning and the funds are still there during Saturday and Sunday.

I still do not understand the notion of non-processing days for automated transactions.
Why would an automated system not run on week-ends?
Is there a security reason?

UB states said:
Manage your money online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year*

Is that a marketing lie then?

Back