Ulster Bank insist on Current Ac to pay car loan

MLE

I applied for and was granted a can loan with Ulster Bank. I wanted to pay my loan from my current account with BOI. 3 Days later I received a letter from UB, thanking me for opening a current account. I assumed it was a mistake, phoned UB and was told that I had opened a current account as well as a loan account. I said, "No, I never asked for a CA, I already have one with BOI". They said that the car loan had to be paid VIA an Ulster Bank Current account, there was no other way. They then levied a set up fee for the car loan, which left the current account overdrawn, without an overdraft facility. So, they charged me €4.44 for every transaction (the only transactions were the €205 being deposited from BOI and paid to the car loan. I wrote to the bank several times, but to no avail. They refused to write off the charges (total charges amounted to around €200). My argument was as follows:
1. Charges were being levied for the luxury of having an account which I did not request, did not want and certainly did not need.
2. The set up fee was never mentioned when I applied for the loan.
It was probably there somewhere in the small print, but I was not made aware of it.
I checked with BOI and PTSB to see if they had the same policy with regard to to payment of personal loans and they said no, they did not.
I am writing this to make people aware, who might not otherwise be, of the policy. I just received my SSIA, cleared the balance of my loan and vowed never to deal with Ulster Bank again.!