Ulster Bank - Hassle?

WizardDr

I have had a number of folk contact me about the antics of Ulster Bank.

Example:

- Guy with 15 year track record with UB and a current account with his business name on it
- gets contacted by UB alleging that the account is the wrong account as in it should have been a business account
- nobody in UB ever said this in 15 years
-more or less told get rid of account.

Whilst I have drafted a letter for him I am just wondering is there more of this?

Yep, they discovered I was abroad after about 5 years, despite the fact I told them on numerous occasions, in writing.

Then at some stage they sold me a policy while abroad, with my foreign address on everything and then they 'discovered' I was abroad and cancelled the policy.

Can you give more details of your issue?

If it is a current account with a business name on it and that trading name is registered then it should be a business account paying the appropriate business fees.

It seems like he was running a business through an ordinary consumer type current account.

These are not antics, it was always this way, the Bank will change his account to a business account without fuss provided he has the business name registered and cert available, no drama.

@palerider -the fact of the matter is that the title of the business is on the account and has been for 15 years.

So who is responsible? You seem to think its the customers ultimate fault.

I am afraid I dont agree with you as they are the alleged experts.

What I want to know is there a general sense that Ulster Bank are now employing skullduggery tactics of the mainland here.

@Bronte - UB saying get rid of account 14 days - and its implication is that this is all customers fault.

Bronte

If the residential address you gave them was outside the Republic of Ireland, the sale and solicitation of the business must take place in Ireland or it must be sold via an IFA regulated by the IFR.

If it was a protection policy, I'd look into whether you can get your money back as it may be a void contract. Would they have paid out in the event of a claim?

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie