ulster bank €150 offer

el-jimbo

hi all,

just walked past my local ulster bank and saw a sign about getting €150 free cash when you sign up to a current account with them. I was rushing so didnt get a chance to read it properly but does anyone know the terms & conditions behind this? I checked on the website but couldnt find anything. been thinking about opening a second bank account so €150 would be very handy if there is no major catch to it!

Is that not for students? (The promotion they caused uproar with recently due to also giving out a free pass to a "dance" club when you open the account??)

no think its a different one as the poster for the student account offer was also up on the window. have a feeling they wont be making that 'mistake' again!

Tried to open one of these some time ago. Catch is you have to Switch from another bank current account and have your main salary paid into it!

Tried to open one of these some time ago. Catch is you have to Switch from another bank current account and have your main salary paid into it!
For what duration of time to you have to stick with them?

It was about three or four months when I did it, a couple of years ago. The offer closed in October and the €150 was credited the following January, IIRC.