UK State Pension - checking progress and when to expect reply

dillsquatt

I sent 2nd letter to them on 26 February this year - they had queries from my original application March 2023 (had to wait a year for a reply).

They received my 2nd letter (reply to their queries) on 26 February 2024 (according to the system) and its in progress -originally when I tracked it to see when I would expect to receive a reply it said 2 February 2025 - which they confirmed to me on the phone as well as they said the wait time was about 50 weeks. The person I spoke to at the time said they were hoping to get additional help to reduce waiting times.

Today and last week it said I should receive a reply by 4 April 2024 - has anyone noticed on the system their waiting time has dramatically reduced or might this be a mistake?

thanks

I sent 2nd letter to them on 26 February this year - they had queries from my original application March 2023 (had to wait a year for a reply).

They received my 2nd letter (reply to their queries) on 26 February 2024 (according to the system) and its in progress -originally when I tracked it to see when I would expect to receive a reply it said 2 February 2025 - which they confirmed to me on the phone as well as they said the wait time was about 50 weeks. The person I spoke to at the time said they were hoping to get additional help to reduce waiting times.

Today and last week it said I should receive a reply by 4 April 2024 - has anyone noticed on the system their waiting time has dramatically reduced or might this be a mistake?

thanks
I think they are just coping with an enormous volume of applications from all over the world and the process will take longer than normal (which was long enough before). I gather they took on a lot of staff (maybe outsourced, I do not know) last summer but at that stage the backlog was enormous. They have stated publicly their turnaound time was 40 - 45 weeks but I suspect that is understated. Besides, in the end they cannot walk away from applications that were submitted in good time

Well done on getting a reply. Can I ask what kind of queries they raised.

I wrote to them on 4 April 2023, CF83 and a cover letter asking to pay at class 2.

No evidence that they had received my letter until recently under 'check progress' a date received 20/4/2023 appeared with status 'in progress'.

The link 'when can I expect a reply' leads nowhere.

They just needed more evidence that I was working in Ireland since leaving the UK, I had to fill out another form though I already had sent a cover letter with the CF83 form last year. I think I was unlucky that they wanted more evidence as my sister did exactly as I did and did not need to provide any more evidence, I guess it just depends on the person dealing with your correspondence.

Back