Case study Uk pension living in Ireland

NitaBe

I am a UK Citizen living in Ireland and have lost my National Insurance number. I think I am eligible for a small uk state pension. I filled in all the forms and sent them to the uk pensions office and forms to get my national insurance number from the Revenue and Customs. Even though I gave past names, addresses, places of employment I have been told that I do not seem to exist in the UK even though I hold a Uk passport. I was born and bred in the UK. I have a Social Security number in Ireland but have mislaid my Uk national insurance number and nobody seems to want to help me. Please does anyone have any ideas what to do next. I have tried everything. All I remember is that my National Insurance number started with YS. Please can someone help?

I would try one of your previous UK employers. They legally only need to hold payroll data for 3 years, but usually hold it for much longer, especially in electronic form. Try asking one/some of them for a P60 for your final year of employment with them. If you are successful, it will show your NI number. If you were last employed very many years ago, this may not yield results, but worth a try.

Paul

Back