UK Passport travelling around Europe on cruise

roker

Bad timing I know. We are going on cruise around Europe in Nov. Travelling from Dublin, will we get to visit other countries? We lived in Ireland 40 year, we would obtain a Irish passport but will not pay the price of €1840 fee for us both to get naturalization. I have visions of us not getting back to our house (crazy I know)

You shouldn't have any problems. Perhaps have to fill in visa forms but highly unlikely to be required but who knows with those clowns in charge in Westminster.

If your entitled to an Irish Passport then why not apply for one now because when Brexit happens it will make it handier for travelling in the EU.

If your entitled to an Irish Passport then why not apply for one now because when Brexit happens it will make it handier for travelling in the EU.
Because it will cost me €1840 myself and wife

Citizens of Nicaragua and Vanuatu have visa free travel in the EU for three months.

Anyone seriously think they are going to make the tens of millions of Brits who help bankroll the tourist industry in the Med apply for visas for their two week holiday in Corfu or Benidorm. Brits also get visa free travel in 120 plus non EU nations.

Yes some arrangements could end post a no deal Brexit - e.g. reciprocal health care - but the EU are hardly going to bankrupt the Spanish and Greek tourist industry by banning the OP and other Brits from travelling.

But if you live in Ireland and intend to remain so - why not apply for Irish citizenship. A couple of thousand euro isn't much to become a full citizen of the nation you have made your home in for 40 years!

Back