UK Laptop - are ports etc same as in ireland?

paddyodoors

Hi All

Was wonderign if anyone knew if a Laptop I purchase via the UK website will be any different to one I would buy via the irish site? i.e. power, ports, cables etc

I brought a phone from the UK many moons ago and the connector was completely different, I had to buy an adapter.

I am thinking of getting a Laptop whilst in the UK for a while with a view to bring back here for loing term use at home, but done want to have the hassle of incompatible stuff..

Thanks
Paddy

..assuming you buy new. Sometimes secondhands can be non-UK origin. I would have thought that they'd have the same connections though - the usual stuff to watch out for is different key layout (slightly), DVD limitations or perhaps 110v mains requiring an adaptor.

Last laptop I bought was from the UK. It was brand new so I told them exactly what spec I wanted. Has been working fine for the last 24 months and didn't need to buy any extra adapters for it.

..assuming you buy new. Sometimes secondhands can be non-UK origin. I would have thought that they'd have the same connections though - the usual stuff to watch out for is different key layout (slightly), DVD limitations or perhaps 110v mains requiring an adaptor.

To be fair, that applies to a laptop bought anywhere!

The only thing that will be differant with the laptops is the Keyboard, Ireland/ UK share the same Keyboard Layout, not so the US or obviously any of the Mainland EU countries etc... the same goes for the plug that will come on your laptop. No the power supply unit, those in 99% of cases auto switch between 110 and 240v.

Back